This personal data protection policy is intended to inform you of our practices and the conditions under which Carel S.A-SAS (‘Carel’, the ‘Company’, or ‘we’) , registered in the Register of Trade and Companies of Paris under the number 542 109 756 and whose offices are located at 32 rue de Mogador 75009 Paris, collects, uses, and retains the personal data (‘data’) that you are required to provide through our platform (the ‘Platform’) through the https://www.carel.fr website or our partner sites.
This policy outlines how we handle the personal data we collect and that you provide to us. We invite you to read this document carefully to learn about and understand our practices regarding how we process your personal data. We also hereby inform you that viewing and/or using our Websites necessarily implies that you agree to this Policy.
2. What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
Depending on the nature and purpose of your interaction with Carel (registration for the newsletter, contact form information, as well as in the event of telephone exchanges, etc.), we will likely collect the following data:
Data you provide us with directly when:
- You fill out forms (such as the newsletter registration form)
- You create an account to place an order
- You contact us by phone, email, or any other means of communication, or when you make a request of us.
The data we automatically collect when:
3. Who collects your personal data and with whom is it shared?
Carel is responsible for personal data processing and will make decisions about the purposes and methods of data processing and the instruments to be used, including for security measures.
In addition, in the course of our business, and for external processing purposes, personal data may be shared with external companies to manage the website and services. For instance, your payment details are passed on to our payment providers and banks as part of transactions related to your purchases and sales.
Payment providers and banks are bound by contract to respect data privacy and only use data for the purposes intended by our sharing of this information.
Your data may be forwarded to any buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestment, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Carel’s assets due to uncertainties or bankruptcy, liquidation or other processes in which Carel’s user data are among the assets sold.
Finally, we may also disclose your data:
- to comply with legal mandates, laws, and legal proceedings, including government and regulatory requests;
- if we believe that disclosure is made necessary or adequate in the context of protecting the rights, property, or security of Carel, its customers, or other stakeholders. Such disclosure includes the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for the purpose of protecting against fraud and counterfeiting.
Links to third-party websites
The Website may contain links to different social media platforms run on third-party servers by individuals or organizations over which Carel has no control.
As a result, we cannot be held responsible for how your data will be stored or used on the servers of these third parties.
We advise you to review the applicable data protection policy of each third-party website that you access via our Website to assess how your data will be used.
4. What do we use your data for?
When you register or purchase items on the Website, your personal data is collected and processed for purposes strictly related to the use of the website and its services.
Your personal data may also be used for other processing operations. However, the use of your data will be consistent with the above-stated objectives under all circumstances. Specifically, your personal information will be processed for the following purposes:
- to complete the sale between you and us and provide you with the requested information and services;
- to send you -- in accordance with applicable legal provisions and with your consent when required by law -- marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and information relating to the use of our services or suggest and advise you on goods or services that may be of interest to you. We may also use your data to send you advertising messages that may be of interest to you on social media platforms and third-party sites. If you would like more information on this, we invite you to read the contractual documents of these platforms;
- to provide you with comprehensive information about Carel’s services and the purchase of articles on https://www.carel.fr (such as alerts that may be of interest to you, our news) via email, text message, and any other means of communication;
- to provide you with information about browsing the Internet, the compatibility of your browser, as well as viewing and loading https://www.carel.fr pages;
- to help us preserve a healthy and secure environment on our Platform;
- to meet our rights and obligations stipulated in contracts with users as well as for all other legal purposes.
- to improve your user experience, including:
o allowing our site to recognize your device, so you won’t have to provide the same information multiple times in order to perform the same task;
o remembering the username and password you have already provided so that you don’t have to provide this information on every web page that requests it.
- to analyze traffic and data on our site in order to:
o track the number of users, making it easier to use and ensuring the ability to respond quickly to your requests;
o predict browsing habits and speed up your searches;
o help us understand how you use our website to improve service.
5. What are the security measures in place to protect your data?
Given the nature of the Internet, however, it is impossible for us to guarantee that the security measures put in place for the protection of the website and for the transmission of data on https://www.carel.fr limit or exclude all unauthorized access or loss of data.
We cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with privacy settings or security measures in place on our Websites.
We advise you to equip your computer with software tools to protect the transmission/reception of your data in and out of your network (e.g. an up-to-date antivirus system) and to ensure that your web provider has taken the necessary steps to warrant the security of data transmission on the network (for instance, through firewalls and spam filters).
6. What are your rights?
You have the right, at any time, to ask Carel for confirmation of the existence or not of personal data about you, even if it is not yet registered.
In addition, you are entitled to receive information from Carel about the origin of your personal data, the means used for its processing, the purposes for which it is processed, the reasoning behind any data processing carried out using electronic tools, detailed information about the holder and anyone responsible for data processing, and an indication of whom your personal information may be disclosed to, or who may have access to it, for example, managers and data processors.
You are entitled to obtain the following from Carel at any time:
- an update, correction, or, if you wish, a merging of your personal information;
- the deletion, conversion to an anonymous format, or blocking of your personal information (which has been illegally processed), including data that does not need to be retained for the purposes for which it was collected and then processed;
- a confirmation that those to whom the information has been communicated or disclosed have been notified of the transactions carried out in accordance with the above paragraphs (with the content of those transactions), with the exception of situations where this is not possible or where the means used are clearly disproportionate to the protection of rights.
You have the right to oppose, in whole or in part:
- the processing of your personal information for legitimate reasons, even if such processing respects the purposes for which it has been collected;
- the processing of your personal data for advertising or direct marketing purposes or for the purpose of conducting marketing studies or commercial communication activities.
You also have the right to set guidelines for what becomes of your data in the event of death.
Before responding to your request, we may verify your identity and ask you to provide us with more information to respond to your request.
We will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable time and, under all circumstances, within the statutory time frame.
7. Links to other websites and social media
Our Platform may occasionally contain links to the websites of our partners or third-party companies.
Carel does not inspect or monitor such sites or their content. Carel cannot be held responsible for the content of these sites or their rules, including regarding the protection of your privacy and the handling of your personal data during browsing operations.
We invite you to read their terms and conditions of use and their privacy policies before sending them your Personal Data.
https://www.carel.fr provides a link to these websites only to help the user search and browse and to facilitate the user’s connection to other websites through hyperlinks. The activation of a link does not imply that Carel recommends or supports accessing or browsing these websites, nor does it provide a guarantee concerning their content, services, or goods provided and sold to Internet users.